Instagram has gone from a photo-sharing app to a hub of brand activity during the past decade. Almost 90% of Instagram users in 2021 follow at least one brand, and there will be more than a billion monthly users. This suggests that maximising your Instagram account’s marketing potential is a winning strategy for your company.
The programme is regularly updated with new business features, tools, and recommendations. Now firms can utilise Instagram Live to hold fundraising events, open online shops, and even take reservations from customers. However, if running an Instagram business account is only one part of your employment, you may find it challenging to keep track of everything.
In light of this, we’ve compiled a short primer on how to use an Instagram account for commercial purposes. Read on to learn everything from the basics of setting up an Instagram account for your business to advanced marketing strategies on Instagram.
What qualifies an Instagram account as “business” as opposed to “personal”?
Both Instagram business accounts and Instagram business profiles are available to users at no cost. Business profiles on Instagram have a somewhat different design than personal profiles, and users who sign up for a business account have access to additional tools.
Some examples of these supplementary social media advertising services and tools are:
- Statistics about Instagram’s audience size, popularity, and distribution.
- Possibility of promoting content on Instagram and running ads.
- A variety of contact information, including a phone number, an email address, and a physical address, is made available to your company.
- The incorporation of toggle switches.
- You may benefit from Instagram interaction if you run a business and have a strategy for using the platform to sell products, promote your brand, or both.
Instagram for Business: 6 Easy Steps
Be familiar with the process of converting a personal to a business account.
Here’s how to convert your personal Instagram account to a professional one:
- You may access the hamburger menu located in the top right corner of your profile.
- Pick the Preferences menu. In some cases, you can get the option to “Switch to Professional Account.” If you find it, tap it. If not, continue on to the following section.
- Select the Account menu.
- Select “Business”
- Connecting your Instagram and Facebook business accounts is as simple as following the instructions for linking an Instagram account to a Facebook Page.
- Choose the appropriate category for your company and fill out the contact information.
- Finished by tapping.
Develop a successful approach to advertising on Instagram
Determine who you’re trying to reach
Understanding your demographic is essential for crafting an effective social media marketing campaign. Since deciding who to advertise to is so important, no matter what you’re offering, we’ve made a comprehensive how-to guide to help you do it right. In essence, it goes like this:
Learn who your current customers are
Check the numbers of your followers on your other profiles to discover who is following you online.
Find out who your competitors are targeting and how they’re reaching their audiences.
Determine your desired outcomes.
Establishing clear goals for your Instagram presence is essential
First, you need to figure out how Instagram can help your business succeed. We recommend the SMART method for setting and achieving goals.
Measure what matters in terms of performance.
While they will differ from firm to organisation, social media analytics should always be at the top of the list. Align your goals with one of the four phases of the customer’s journey:
- Awareness Interest Desire Action
- Make a schedule for your material.
- You can avoid missing important dates and ensure you have enough time to create fresh material for your Instagram business account by using a content calendar.
Enhance your Instagram presence for commercial gain.
You can accomplish a great deal on an Instagram business page, despite the platform’s restrictive character count. It’s the central hub for Instagram users to ask questions, explore your website, and book appointments.
- Create a killer bio for your company’s Instagram page.
- Please provide your contact details.
- Set up your command buttons.
- Include Summary and Cover Art for Stories.
- Fourth, disseminate valuable information
- Make sure your brand has a consistent visual style.
- Get some great shots that will make people stop and stare.
- Edit your photographs with the aid of available software.
- Caption your photos with some flair.
- Consistency in posting is especially important for Instagram accounts used for business.
Activate and expand your following
Answer questions and address concerns
Instagram users like brands who acknowledge their comments and mentions to keep them engaged with the company.
The employment of bots to automate your participation may tempt you. Or, if you’re going to hire a Social Media Manager, make sure there are rules against trolling and access to mental health care for that person so they can do their work effectively.
Evaluate outcomes and make necessary changes
Analytical methods for keeping tabs on outcomes
Instagram may be a powerful business tool, but like any other, you need a way to monitor your success and adjust your strategy accordingly. When you upgrade to an Instagram business account, you have access to the analytics features of the service. Instagram Insights only stores data for the previous 30 days.
Start Posting on Instagram in Minutes Thanks to Streamlined Layout Use of Instagram’s paid ad, post, and story formats. Draw attention and convey your narrative with distinctive visuals and layouts at no cost to you. Streamlining your process for planning material to share on social media may save you time.
All the way from brainstorming to final approvals, the whole design process may take place within a single app.